The History of the Kallison Ranch

Kallison Ranch was carved out of the Hoffmann Ranch, now the Government Canyon State Natural Area. At the time of Jacob Hoffmann’s death in 1903, Hoffmann and wife Caroline had accumulated 13,000 acres, and their ranch was the largest in the county. The land was parceled out and distributed among Hoffmann’s descendants. In 1910, Nathan Kallison purchased a 1,280-acre parcel … Click here for the rest of the article that appears in the 2019 Winter issue of Helotes magazine.