History of the OLG Catholic Cemetery

The earliest gravesite at the Helotes Catholic Cemetery is that of Pedro Treviño (1829-1911). Pedro and his wife Maria Manuela Torres de Treviño (1835-1925) donated the land in 1908 for the original Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church, which burned down in 1924. Although church officials opted not to rebuild, the gravesites near the old church, located 1.3 miles north of Bandera Road’s intersection with Scenic Loop Road, were the start of the Helotes Catholic Cemetery, administered by OLG. To read the entire article, go to this link (page 12) in the April 2019 Helotes Highlights.